DES MOINES MOSQUITO PREVENTION & REPELLANT SERVICES
Living in the Midwest, local residents are used to avoiding mosquitoes throughout the summer months. The good news is, Preferred Pest Control can help with our backyard mosquito control services! Don't let pesky insects keep you from enjoying outdoor activities in your yard or on your patio this year. Solve the problem with our mosquito prevention services or a one-time mosquito spray for yards.
Backyard Mosquito Control | Preferred Pest's 5-Step Treatment Process
Preferred Pest Control's mosquito lawn treatment solution is a five-step process that will consist of premium, long-lasting products to help you to enjoy your outdoor living space throughout the entire summer.
1. Inspection and Analysis of the Yard. The mosquito lawn treatment plan begins with our pest technician conducting an inspection of the property and determining the types of mosquitoes creating the problem. Once the inspection is complete, the technician will prepare a mosquito prevention strategy that best fits your yard and environment.
2. Application of Demand Insecticide. The second step of the backyard mosquito control process will consist of our technician applying Demand CS*. This solution features ICAP technology, a formulation that releases the product over a two month period and will prevent mosquitoes from nesting in the future. This is one of the best ways to repel mosquitoes from the yard over an extended period of time.
*Demand CS has been approved by the World Health Organization (WHO)
3. Employment of Archer Insect Growth Regulator. In the third step of our mosquito prevention plan, our technician will employ Archer equipment. This is an insect growth regulator that can effectively interrupt the reproduction cycle of mosquitoes, causing adult females to lay non-viable eggs and to prevent larvae from developing into adults.
4. Apply Mosquito Dunks. The fourth step to get rid of mosquitoes will consist of our technician treating standing water in areas such as ponds and drainage ditches. These spaces will be treated with Mosquito Dunks to prevent mosquito larvae from maturing into adult mosquitoes.
5. Identifying Ways to Help Eliminate Mosquito Breeding Sites. In order to effectively reduce mosquito populations, it is important to identify and eliminate mosquito breeding sites around your home. To reduce the potential for mosquitoes in and around your property, our pest management specialist will provide you with helpful backyard mosquito control tips and guidelines.
How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes
- Throw away or store any items that can accumulate standing water. If these items are frequently used, they should be stored upside down.
- Clean gutters frequently. Debris can clog and obstruct water flow from your roof, causing gutters to fill up with standing water.
- Adjust lawn sprinklers to prevent overwatering which can create ideal conditions for mosquito breeding.
- Inspect your roof for leaks. Keep an eye out for leaking outdoor faucets and air conditioning units. Repair any leaks to eliminate the possibility of standing water.
- Clean your swimming pool regularly and keep it chlorinated. Pool covers, which also collect water and debris, should be cleaned, as well.
- Fill any trees holes or tree stumps with a sealant or mortar to prevent water accumulation.
One-Time Mosquito Spray for a Yard
If you’re not looking for the full backyard mosquito control & prevention package, get a quote for a one-time mosquito lawn treatment that will keep these pests away temporarily. Preferred Pest technicians will need to know the square footage of the area we’ll be spraying, then we’ll apply a repellent to keep mosquitoes away.
Our experts recommend a mosquito spray for the yard if you’ll be hosting outdoor events during the spring and summer months. This is a great option to get rid of mosquitoes during entertainment moments like:
- Backyard BBQ and grill-out
- Large family picnics or events
- Outdoor reception or celebration
- Graduation and birthday parties with outside seating
Mosquito Lawn Treatment | Des Moines Pest Control
Are you ready enjoy your backyard again? Get rid of mosquitoes with help from Preferred Pest. Our team of pest professionals is ready to find the best way to repel mosquitoes from your yard. Whether you’d like us to conduct a full backyard mosquito control strategy or a one-time mosquito spray for the yard, get in touch with our experts. Schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at (515) 276-7277 to discuss your options!