Living in the Midwest, there are very few pests that are as much of a nuisance as mosquitoes are throughout the summer months. The good news is, Preferred Pest Control can help! Don't let mosquitoes wreak havoc on your property this year, solve the problem with our Mosquito Solutions service.
How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes
Preferred Pest Control's Mosquito Solutions is a five step treatment process that will consist of premium, long-lasting products that will help you to enjoy your outdoor living space throughout the entire summer.
Mosquito Solutions | Preferred Pest's 5-Step Process
- Inspection and Analysis of the Yard.
The mosquito solutions plan begins with our pest technician conducting a home inspection of the property and determining the kinds of mosquitoes creating the problem. Once the inspection is complete, the technician will prepare a mosquito treatment strategy that best fits your yard and environment.
- Application of Demand Insecticide.
The second step of the mosquito solutions plan will consist of our technician applying Demand CS. This solution features ICAP technology, a formulation that releases the product over a two month period and will prevent mosquitoes from nesting in the future.
*Demand CS has been approved by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Employment of Archer Insect Growth Regulator.
In the third step of our mosquito solutions plan, our technician will employ Archer. This is an insect growth regulator that can effectively interrupt the reproduction cycle of mosquitoes, causing adult females to lay non-viable eggs and to prevent larvae from developing into adults.
- Apply Mosquito Dunks.
The fourth step of the mosquito solutions plan will consist of our technician treating standing water in areas such as ponds and drainage ditches. These spaces will be treated with a Mosquito Dunks to prevent mosquito larvae from maturing into adult mosquitoes.
- Identifying Ways to Help Eliminate Mosquito Breeding Sites.
In order to effectively reduce mosquito populations, it is important to identify and eliminate mosquito breeding sites around your home. To reduce the potential for mosquitoes in and around your property, our pest management specialist will provide you with helpful tips and guidelines as follows:
- Throw away or store any items that can accumulate standing water. If these items are frequently used, they should be stored upside down.
- Clean gutters frequently. Debris can clog and obstruct water flow from your roof, causing gutters to fill up with standing water.
- Adjust lawn sprinklers to prevent overwatering which can create ideal conditions for mosquito breeding.
- Inspect your roof for leaks. Keep an eye out for leaking outdoor faucets and air conditioning units. Repair any leaks to eliminate the possibility of standing water.
- Clean your swimming pool regularly and keep it chlorinated. Pool covers, which also collect water and debris, should be cleaned, as well.
- Fill any trees holes or tree stumps with a sealant or mortar to prevent water accumulation.
Leading Des Moines Pest Control
Are you ready to knock out mosquitoes from your property? If so, our team of pest professionals are ready to help. Don't wait until it is too late. Schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at (515) 276-7277 today!